28 May 2006

Back Home Again, In Indiana (Almost)

It's birthday trip time. Last year my birthday vacation was spent moving Jay and all of our stuff to Connecticut from Dallas. This year I find myself in Louisville, Kentucky.

Today, I got to see my nephew for the first time. He is much cuter in person than in his previous appearances on this blog. This trip also marks the first occasion when my niece Emilee called me by name while running to give me a big hug. Last time I got out of the car she was a bit confused and called me Mommy.

I've been travelling since about 6:30 this morning and have been in aunt-mode since my arrival. I am a bit weary to say the least. My best aunt move today was entertaining a very tired Emilee with some homemade bubble solution. Blowing and popping bubbles helped to distract her from her cranky mood.

I'm going to bed to rest up for tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At May 29, 2006 3:31 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Happy Birthday! If I can find your parents' phone number (we've moved but not unpacked), I'm going to try to give you a call.

Anyway, hope it's really great and that you're having a nice time with your family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home