09 August 2005

Exploring the Devil's Hopyard

Last weekend we went to Devil's Hopyard to do a bit of exploration and picture taking. Jay had already been on his own but it was the first time for me. (Click on the photo to the right to see some other pictures I took while there.)

Apparently, it's one of those places where people have forgotten the origin of the name, much like the nickname Hoosier.

We had a beautiful day and just when we got hungry, we stumbled upon a berry patch. I know you're not supposed to eat the things you find in the woods but they were too gorgeous to pass up. Jay did the courageous thing and tasted them first to make sure they weren't poisonous.

3 Comments:

At August 11, 2005 7:05 PM, Blogger george said...

Cool pix. Eating berries found in the woods: that is sooo Indiana. But they did look very pretty.

I saw you were in New London, which is right by Groton, which saved my life when I was in New England. Extremely homesick with an unexplainable desire for biscuits and gravy, I was determined to drive to Virginia after work to get some. About 3 a.m. I made it to the IHOP in Groton, and they hooked me up instead.

 
At August 11, 2005 11:43 PM, Blogger Jill said...

We actually ate dinner at a great pasta place in Groton called Paul's Pasta. New London just sounded cooler. Sorry for the inaccuracy.

 
At August 12, 2005 12:07 AM, Blogger george said...

No inaccuracy -- I was talking about your pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home