19 August 2005

Organization Chaos

This week I've been trying to finish the process of moving in. Even though we've technically been moved for over a month, we still have boxes laying about packed or half-unpacked.

Our new apartment is larger than our Dallas abode but it has much less storage space. We've gone from a walk-in closet to a walk-up-to closet. Which means that we've had to procure a lot of new storage and shelving units.

It's progressing and I hope to have pictures of the apartment posted by Monday.

If you want some pictures to puruse in the meantime you can shuffle on over to my Around Connecticut slideshow at flickr.

My virtual environment has not been spared from my organizing binge. It all started when Jay helped me to make a new banner and then I realized that it didn't match the rest of my page. Once I got started making changes it was hard to stop -- new colors, new pictures, and new links.

Want to read the site in French? No problem.

We've also procured a couple more feeders to keep our winged-friends happy. The bird activity in our courtyard area has skyrocketed in the last few days. We still haven't had any customers at the thistle feeder but all the other feeders do a pretty good business.

I'll update the bird photos as soon as I can get them to sit still for their close-ups.


8 Comments:

At August 20, 2005 4:35 PM, Blogger george said...

I moved into my new place July 31. How many boxes have I unpacked? Two and a half.

One box of bathroom stuff, then half a box of kitchen stuff, half a box of dishes and half a box of DVDs. There's more incentive to finish the book -- so I can clean my apartment!

 
At August 20, 2005 9:58 PM, Blogger Jill said...

Yeah, when I got here from Indiana, Jay was still living in a box city. Getting from one side of the apartment to the other was like going through a maze.

Things are much more pleasant now.

 
At August 20, 2005 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the bird pics...Please keep posting them. Moving sux. I did it 4 times in 2 years. Now, I am NEVER, EVER moving again. They will have to take me out in a pine box.

 
At August 20, 2005 11:17 PM, Blogger george said...

Yikes! All of a sudden you have more spam than World War II London.

 
At August 21, 2005 2:32 AM, Blogger Jill said...

My dad used to make us eat SPAM all the time. He'd even eat it straight from the can.

Dude, that stuff is nasty.

 
At August 21, 2005 2:55 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I feel your pain on moving into a new place with less storage space. We did pretty well getting it all to fit; we just have one medium-sized box of office supply stuff that we don't seem to have a place for. So it just lives on the floor of our office now, and probably will until the day we move out. Oh well.

 
At August 21, 2005 6:58 PM, Blogger Jill said...

We actually have some downstairs storage. It's where our washer, dryer and a whole lot of empty boxes currently live.

Anything that goes in there has to be stuff we're not going to want for awhile because it's really not worth the trip into the scary basement.

 
At August 21, 2005 9:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mother used to make something called "Magic Mix" for the birds in the winter. You might try it when it gets cold. 1 part each of peanut butter, melted suet (sometimes I use bacon drippings), and corn meal. Then I had a little bit of Karo Syrup to sweeten it up a bit (use your own judgement here) That is the basic recipe.. you can roll this into small balls and put them out for the birds or put it on pine cones and hang the pine cones out. If you have many jays the pinecones are a great option because they will pick up the whole ball. And if you have trouble with squirrels you might add a bit more cornmeal and make them crumbly so only small pieces can be picked up (also for jays).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home