22 August 2005

The Matrix Extravaganza (With Popcorn and Nachos!)

Ah Existentialism -- The power to choose and to do so wisely.

I'm not sure why I hadn't seen the last of the trilogy until last night. Neither Jay nor I could remember much about Reloaded. It was obvious what needed to be done.

We had to watch the story from beginning to end.

I was honestly surprised that Jay agreed to the endeavor. The third movie might have been postponed until Sunday if I had not pulled out my foolproof Nacho Bribe.

I like the movies a lot as it turns out. Even though the second movie seems to get overwhelmed by the extravagant environment and the unending fight scenes. It does eventually remember that story and plot-advancement are essential qualities in a movie.

The Matrix is easily the most brilliant of the three movies. But the story carries strongly through to the end and the overall meaning of the films keeps evolving until then.

I think the one thing that bothers me most about the second two films is that no one ever addresses the fact that people are walking around with large metal holes in their bodies.

Not because I think that they should be mocked, but because the whole story is driven by the antagonism between man and machine. And here are people walking around with machines in their bodies -- machines that can easily interface with their brains!


3 Comments:

At August 22, 2005 5:38 PM, Blogger george said...

I remember the first time I saw "The Matrix." I was not liking it very much, until they entered the dojo and fought. All of a sudden the movie was fun and I was loving it the rest of the way.

The next two movies weren't as fun for me, and there wasn't enough Agent Smith. But I will readily admit: The promise of nachos would get me to watch the trilogy again, too.

Mmmmm ... nachos.

 
At August 22, 2005 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did somebody say nachos?

 
At August 24, 2005 10:59 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

I think you should know that Randy also read this and went, "Mmm, nachos." Guess what we're having for dinner tomorrow night? Apparently the Nacho Bribe is foolproof!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home