03 October 2005

The Ranks of the Undead

This weeks goal is to eradicate the zombies.

Those who have ever had the pleasure of spending a morning with me know that it's not my best time.

To make the car-pooling experiment a viable option means that I'm the first one up in the morning. This has to be one of the most heinous things about my new job. Made even more difficult by our erratic hot water supply and lack of heat.

According to our lease the management agrees to provide heat during the cold months. Apparently, October does not qualify as one of those months. Stupid New Englanders with their stoicism. If I'm getting out of bed in the morning I deserve a nice toasty apartment.

So last week amounted to a great big blur of being tired and/or being hopped-up on too much caffeine. This week is all about finding the balance. For example, this week I will make a cup of coffee at home or buy a cup at Starbucks, not both. This week I will not tempt myself to stay up later than I should by starting in on the last few chapters of a book -- that I will not be able to put down until I have finished it -- 20 minutes before it is time for me to go to bed.

So yes, this week is all about awakening my dormant Protestant work ethic. I was raised in the Midwest, it has got to be in me somewhere.

1 Comments:

At October 03, 2005 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ch ch ch changes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home