20 September 2005

Birthdays, birthdays everywhere!

Happy Birthday Jeff!
I hope that you had a great day!


Happy Birthday to Wendy, too! I hope that the Chinese food was excellent!

I apologize for the lateness of these birthday wishes. I had a busy day preparing to be employed. This morning I was fingerprinted by a very friendly Rocky Hill police officer. Which ended up being a free service! The physical and TB test that followed later that afternoons were not so free. I also wasn't prepared to pee in a cup (always my downfall)! At least the nurse didn't have to stand in the room and witness my tribulation this time. It's stressful enough to have to pee in a cup without the added pressure of an observer. I go back on Thursday to get my TB test read and I should know by Friday evening whether or not my application was approved by headquarters.

To go back in time a little bit, I interviewed for a day-care teaching position with KinderCare last Thursday. I had a follow up job tryout this Monday and was able to meet some of the kids. I'm going to be with 2 year olds again! (No that's not a sarcastic exclamation point.) I really like working with 2's. When you're 2 everything is an adventure and in general kids are less "terrible" at school. The whole classroom is on their level and organized so that they can have fun, explore, and learn with a minimum amount of boundaries.

If all goes well I will start my training on Monday!

4 Comments:

At September 20, 2005 11:52 PM, Blogger Randy said...

Good luck! I hope everything works out well.

 
At September 21, 2005 12:01 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks! The Chinese was tasty and there was tons left over for lunch, which is always nice.

Congratulations on your job offer! I'm sure it will all work out really well.

Also, that picture is pretty cute. I can really see the resemblance to Jay.

 
At September 21, 2005 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job. I've spent periods of time working with 2 year olds and they are awesome.

 
At September 22, 2005 12:59 AM, Blogger george said...

Yes, congratulations and good luck!

I hope the "terrible twos" avoid you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home