01 December 2005

Diaper Fashion

In case anyone was wondering about the current diaper fashion, the news from the preschool front is that Sesame Street is still the kids' favorite.

Which is cool because it creates a bond between me and 2 year olds that are still having trouble with the concept of biting not being a socially acceptable behavior.

The problem occurs when the child loves the Elmo diaper too much to actually put it on their backside.

That's where the singing comes in. Having a song to sing seems to distract a child long enough for me to pry the diaper out of their freakishly strong hands and maneuver it into position. This process is made easier if they are first allowed to kiss and hug the characters on the diaper.

As most anyone who knows me can tell you, I can't sing. I can kind of hold a tune for "Back Home Again in Indiana" but that's only sometimes and not really even then.

However, I'm all for the public humiliation of off-key singing if it means that my preschool kids aren't running around naked.

So far I've got Elmo's World, the Cookie Monster Song, the Sesame Street theme song, and Rubber Ducky in my diaper time repertoire.

I'm in desperate need of a song for the Bert diapers. The theme song has already been assigned to Big Bird.

The Bert diapers are definitely the least popular and they really need a good song to boost their standings.

Really, I need a good song so that when a kid is down to Bert diapers they don't throw a fit and bemoan (read as: scream and flail about) the fact that they've already used up their Elmo, Cookie Monster and Big Bird allotments.

Please help!

7 Comments:

At December 02, 2005 12:40 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

I have no immediate thoughts on the song front, but I have to let you know that it's cracking me up to imagine a distraught toddler hugging and kissing a diaper. Just keep them away from the used ones!

Didn't Bert have some song about bottle caps or pigeons? Maybe I'm just making that up.

 
At December 02, 2005 10:23 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I remember a bottle cap/pigeon song, too. I just don't remember what it actually was. I think it had something to do about not caring if people thought you were boring.

Poor Bert.

 
At December 02, 2005 11:57 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

Hee hee. That totally does seem like the sort of thing Bert would sing about. Poor Bert indeed.

 
At December 03, 2005 10:30 AM, Blogger Austin said...

How about "Doin' the Pigeon"? That was kinda fun.

 
At December 03, 2005 2:30 PM, Blogger Jill said...

I thought you might be of help, Austin. Do you remember how it goes?

 
At December 03, 2005 6:37 PM, Blogger Austin said...

http://idigworms.blogspot.com/2005/11/sesame-street-fever.html

The disco version is available here.

 
At March 03, 2008 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

jim carrey's happy/sad feet dance cracked me up for hours when i was 5

 

Post a Comment

<< Home