22 March 2006

First Photos

Introducing John Tyler Bottorff






Emilee seems to be displaying a "get this thing off of me" vibe in this photo.

In non-nephew news, one of our good friends is moving to Washington State in July. I'm happy that she was able to find a residency but am sad to see her go. Jay and I will be staying in Connecticut for another year as he completes his Orthotics residency.

We've been repopulating our apartment with plants in the past few months. I brought three plants from Dallas and none of them have survived except for the one ivy that I left with Mom in Indiana. They didn't die merely from neglect but from a variety of causes, including the cave-like lighting of our Connecticut apartment. We've been treating the new plants to some artificial illumination in the evenings to help them out.

As far as knitting goes, well, it doesn't. I've been trying to work on my socks for my sockpal but I'm really disatisfied with my yarn choice and the quality of my knitting. I'm using size 1 needles which for non-knitters is similar to knitting with really long toothpicks. I think I'm going to start over with new yarn and slightly bigger needles.

We're having a "Parents' Day" this Friday in my classroom. So it's going to be a rather stressful Friday afternoon. I'm just hoping that it can be a tantrum-free experience. Cross your fingers for me.

2 Comments:

At March 24, 2006 12:57 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

What a cute little guy. This may be a stupid question, but what are they going to call him? John, or do they have a nickname in mind?

Also, hope everything goes well with Parents' Day and I also hope that the fact that you're knitting at all means that your wrist is feeling better.

 
At March 24, 2006 8:02 PM, Blogger Jill said...

The original plan was to call him Tyler but I'm not sure if it is still the plan or not. If they had gone with John Robert then they were going to call him by both names and I was planning on calling him either Jack or Bob in protest. Because the kind of supporting younger sister I am.

I'm not sure if Emilee has relented in her opposition to his name. Nathan is the name of the baby at her babysitter's. So I think calling him Nathan was her way of saying that he doesn't belong in her house.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home